Want to be a guest on podcasts, publications, and TV but don’t have the budget for a PR firm? You’re in for a treat today! My guest is Dr. Saundra Dalton-Smith, host of the I Choose My Best Life podcast, award-winning author of Sacred Rest, and well-known speaker and author coach.
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
On the show we talk about:
- The difference in self-promotion vs. marketing evangelism
- How to pitch yourself to the media on an ongoing basis
- Why you should focus on building your email list vs. selling books as a media guest
- How her Rest Quiz created in 2018 continues to grow her own list (250,000 to date)
- Her favorite way potential guests pitch her podcast
- and more…because we don’t call this Book Marketing Mania for nothing
Dr. Saundra Dalton-Smith is a Board-Certified internal medicine physician, speaker, and award-winning author of Sacred Rest. She is an international well-being thought-leader featured in numerous media outlets including Prevention, MSNBC, Women’s Day, FOX, Fast Company, Psychology Today, INC, CNN Health, and TED.com.
Message & Method Accelerator (formerly Be Your Own Publicist)
Review the podcast:
Would you consider writing a quick review to help other authors find the podcast? Just a sentence or two can help other authors discover the show, and I’d be so grateful!
Apple Podcasts app:
1. Click here and then click ‘Listen on Apple podcasts‘ OR simply search “Book Marketing Mania” and pull up the show's main page.
2. Scroll down to “Ratings & Reviews”, tap the stars to rate, and below that, click “Write a review”.
Click here to go to Podchaser, and then click “Rate Podcast”.